Bingham Arena Build Update
The project is progressing well and we have hit some important milestones recently It's great to see everything coming together and we are in the final stages of completion ready for opening:
- New site is on course for practical completion on 3 February and the new centre to open to the local community on 20 February
- Bingham Arena, is a new state-of-the-art 5500m² leisure centre
- Replacing the existing Bingham Leisure Centre, the new £13.1 million facility is owned by Rushcliffe Borough Council and forms part of a longstanding partnership with leisure operator Parkwood Leisure, which dates back to 2007. The facility will be operated by Parkwood Leisure’s partners, Lex Leisure.
- The new site includes an 80-station state-of-the-art fitness studio with two group exercise studios and an indoor cycling studio, a 25m six-lane swimming pool and teaching pool, café, and therapy suite.
- Bingham Arena will also become the first local facility to welcome swimming galas/competitions and events, thanks to a 330-seater swimming pool spectating area. The venue is also home to the Jubilee events hall, which can host a range of events for audiences up to 300.
- Members of Bingham Arena will also have access to the region’s four other leisure facilities operated by Lex Leisure: Cotgrave, Keyworth and Bingham Leisure Centres, and Rushcliffe Arena.
- Central to the plans for the new leisure centre was a drive towards delivering a greener and more carbon efficient facility. Through the installation of air source heat pumps, combined heat and power technology, water efficiency measures, LED lighting and energy efficient building materials, Bingham Arena will see a 78% carbon emission reduction compared to other leisure centres in the borough.
- Bingham Arena will be opening on 20 February 2023 and you can still take advantage of our amazing Founder Offer.