UPDATED: 15 November
What improvements will be made to the gym?
- Brand new, state of the art Life Fitness gym equipment.
- New layout with increased free weights section.
- Complete redecoration.
- New ICG spinning bikes.
What is the scale of the works and improvements to the fitness facilities?
The works will include a complete refurbishment of the gym facilities to the proposed schedule:
- Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th December - The gym will temporarily close as the majority of the equipment is relocated to the sports hall.
- Monday 18th December - Thursday 21st December - Small temporary gym will be located in half the sports hall whilst the refurbishment is installed in the main gym.
- Friday 22nd December - Newly refurbished gym fully re-opens.
What facilities will be closed/remain open?
The swimming pool, health suite, squash courts, all changing rooms, dance studios and cafe, are the facilities that will remain open during the works. The gym and the main hall areas will close on Saturday 16th December, however the gym equipment will be relocated to the sports hall to allow members continued use of the health and fitness facilities from Monday 18th December. On Friday 22nd December the sports hall temporary gym will be closed as contractors remove the old kit, and the refurbished gym will open for normal hours.
What will happen with memberships during this time?
Fitness memberships will run as usual with the group exercise classes still scheduled to operate, while the gym will operate from the sports hall. All fitness members will continue to have the option to utilise the facilities at Woodgreen, Bicester, Brackley, Kidlington and Towcester Centre for Leisure.
How will we know what’s going on?
We will continually update customers via email (where relevant) and via:
I’d like to thank you in advance for your understanding while these improvements are made. I’m sure you’ll agree these upgrade works will be a great benefit to our community.
Should you have any queries or questions please speak to the team locally and we will do our best to help.
Graham Bleach and the team,
Spiceball Leisure Centre