Children under the age of 8 years should always be accompanied in the water and changing rooms during public swimming sessions by a parent or adult aged 16 years or above.
A maximum of 2 children between the age of 4 and 8 is permitted per parent/adult. Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied on a 1 to 1 basis.
- Under 4 Supervision - 1:1
- Under 8 Supervision - 1:2
Supervision: The safety of non swimmers and children is the responsibility of the supervising adult in attendance at all times. When supervising, the adult must maintain a constant watch over the children and be in close contact with those who are weak and non swimmers.
Parents/Carers must also consider:
Suitable buoyancy aids to be worn by non swimmers and weak swimmers.
Please note: Buoyancy aids can be purchased from reception, the centre has a number of buoyancy aids that can be borrowed (limited supply).
Children under the age of 8 years of age or weak/non swimmers must be accompanied in the water on a ratio of:
- Maximum 1 Adult to 5 Children
• No smoking, alcohol or drugs permitted on site.
• No food to be consumed in the pool or on the poolside.
• No outdoor footwear to be worn on the poolside (Shoe covers can be provided).
• No spectator on the poolside without prior permission.
• No photographic equipment including mobile phones (with cameras) to be used on poolside without prior written permission from the Manager on Duty.