UPDATED: 15 November
What improvements will be made to the gym?
- Brand new, state of the art Life Fitness gym equipment.
- New layout with increased free weights section.
- Complete redecoration.
What is the scale of the works and improvements to the fitness facilities?
The works will include full redecoration and a complete replacement of the gym equipment to the proposed schedule:
- Monday 11 December - The gym will close as the majority of the equipment will be removed from site. The group exercise and spin studio programme will remain unaffected. The functional training room will remain open with a booking system in place.
- Tuesday 12 December - Friday 15 December - The gym will remain closed whilst we install the new equipment.
- Saturday 16 December - The new gym will open, and operate normal Saturday Opening hours 07:00 - 18:00
What facilities will be closed/remain open?
The swimming pools, changing rooms, dance studios, spin studio and outdoor 3G pitch are the facilities that will remain open during the works. The gym fitness area will close on Monday 11th December, however the functional equipment area will be unaffected. On Saturday 16th December the gym will open as normal.
What will happen with memberships during this time?
Fitness memberships will run as usual with the group exercise classes still scheduled to operate. All fitness members will continue to have the option to utilise the facilities at Woodgreen, Spiceball, Brackley and Towcester Centre for Leisure.
How will we know what’s going on?
We will continually update customers via email (where relevant) and via:
I’d like to thank you in advance for your understanding while these improvements are made. I’m sure you’ll agree these upgrade works will be a great benefit to our community.
Should you have any queries or questions please speak to the team locally and we will do our best to help.
Lizzie Raper and the team,
Bicester Leisure Centre