Ilfracombe Gym and Swimming Pool
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
The centre has recently seen a major investment with a brand new 30+ station gym and fully redecorated changing facilities. A new, more competitive membership product offering has been approved and a 20 year contract with the Local Authority agreed.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated individual to have a real impact on the success of this centre.
- To ensure the highest possible standards of health and safety and customer care within the Centre.
- To develop and promote an exciting, innovative leisure programme in order to increase the usage and profitability of the Centre.
- To assume shift management responsibility for the Centre to maximise the total performance of the Centre and maintain the highest standards of customer care.
- To ensure the provision of a clean, high quality facility and exciting and innovative Leisure Centre programmes.
- To act as a member of the Leisure Centre Management Team on a shift rota system, during opening hours of the Centre.
- To be available to work poolside on a regular shift or as and when required to ensure the delivery of the Centre programme
- To ensure all Health and Safety procedures and responsibilities are carried out at all times.
- To assist the Centre Manager in providing appropriate staff training and development.
- To ensure that the objectives of the contract are achieved and the appropriate financial systems and procedures are implemented.
- To ensure all staff are kept informed of the Centre’s activities and special events.
- To achieve maximum levels of participation in all courses and activities.
- To assist in the marketing and publicity of all activities and events and develop distribution networks for promotional materials and merchandising of products.
- To ensure sufficient staff are available for the safe, high quality functioning of the Centre.
- To assist in the management of the Centre’s quality assurance systems and procedures.
- To coach and teach as required and generally assist with the running of events.
- To act as a main key holder for the Centre and be responsible for opening and closing of the building and emergency call-outs.
- To undertake any regulatory requirements.
- To be responsible and accountable for cash handling as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required by the Contract Manager to ensure that the business objectives of the contract are achieved.
- To assist in driving sales and increasing retention rates.
- To deliver inductions and programs to members.
- The successful candidate will preferably have knowledge and skills in the Leisure or a related industry in a small/medium sized enterprise. An NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) is desirable but not essential as full training can be provided for the right candidate.
- Will be qualified in either Fitness Instructing Level 2 or Personal Training Level 3
- Will be a qualified swimming instructor or willing to work towards this qualification.
- Will be able to gain acceptance and respect from clients and the teams involved.
- Will be able to build strong relationships with customers, clients and employees.
- Will be able to communicate at different levels of the organisation, both listen and direct.
- Will be able to meet the demands of the role by working additional hours when required.
- Will be able to demonstrate clear identification with all customer requirements.
- Will be able to maintain and be committed to good employee relations and deliver quality training.
- Will be able to perform recreation assistant duties when required.
- Will be flexible and have the ability to work at other centres within the contract.
- To take responsibility for overseeing the gym and sales
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to Callum Martin via email: email@example.com
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Applications by: 31/01/2022