Hengrove Park Leisure Centre
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a not for profit charitable organisation committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
This is an ideal role for an individual who is motivated by managing a team of staff, is commercially driven and passionate about swimming. The Swim Manager is responsible for the commercial, sales, programming, development and operations of the Learn to Swim programme within the leisure centre.
Primary objectives and responsibilities for the Swim Manager are:
- Understand and use KPIs to improve commercial performance of the sites pool programme
- Implement the organisation’s three-year growth and retention plan to drive income from the Learn to swim programme
- Create competitor analysis and SWOT to influence key objectives for the programme annually
- Manage the sales targets and provide clear communication to the teams who support the sales process. Continually review net gain as the key metric.
- Implement a strong focus on customer experience through post booking calls and take responsibility for training customer-facing staff on the sites to learn to swim USP.
- Oversee feedback and enquiries from customers via the Atreemo platform and ensure the best possible customer service is provided.
Managing the Swim Programme
- Maximise pool space and timetabling to promote convenient entry points and retention for customers. By ensuring the correct classes are scheduled at the right time, reducing waitlists and preventing bottlenecks.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is adopted at all times.
- Follow and communicate procedural changes to all stakeholders on-site to ensure consistency in processes.
- Ensure the programme remains up to date and adhere to company processes and procedures as written in the Oracle.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge within the swimming industry and keep up with changes within the industry through the reading of literature and attendance of Continuous Professional Development seminars.
- Chair at minimum 6 monthly swim instructor meetings to ensure department communication is transparent and expectations are being met. Note these can be held remotely as required and more regularly.
- Identify Wider participation pathways, develop commercially focused arguments and implement within the programme.
- Forge positive working relationships with the local Swimming Clubs, NGB’s and Authority Sports Development Teams (Where applicable).
- Liaise and organise NGB L1 and L2 instructor courses as per centres needs. Arrange quarterly CPD for swim instructors.
- Identify positive stories and assist business development by writing case studies in promoting good practice within the organisation.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required by your Line Manager and other Senior Management.
Observation and Mentoring
- Provide leadership as the direct report to a team of swim lessons instructors. For example, overseeing scheduling to ensure all shifts are covered and no classes cancelled due to a lack of an instructor.
- Ensuring NRSTC qualifications are up to date and staff attend training regularly.
- Work with the Centre/ Contract Manager to identify recruitment needs.
- Be responsible for interview, induction and training for new swim instructors.
- Regularly be on the poolside to observe the quality of the programme and provide feedback.
- Ensure swim safer, smarter, and stronger outcomes are delivered appropriately, and the instructor teaches the internal schemes of work.
- Ensure training records are maintained for all line management employees including safeguarding and GDPR.
- Recognising positive stories and opportunities to create good content.
- Create a cohesive marketing calendar working with the Head Office marketing team and other site stakeholders.
- Understand when a marketing campaign is needed to promote and sell more spaces and bring it to the Centre/ Contract managers attention.
- Provide regular updates to swimmers via social media and direct routes.
- Understanding both the companies and the site-specific USP and capitalise upon these.
- Regularly collect and use customer feedback to enhance the quality of the programme.
- Ensure that in centre branding meets the company requirements in terms of both tone and quality.
- Attend regular regional or national swim manager meetings
- Attend regular managers meetings with all departments within the site
- Working as a team and using appropriate communication methods for all stakeholders
- Positively dealing with all staff conflict
- Work with the Head of Aquatics as an indirect report to achieve commercial targets, implement departmental strategies and adhere to processes and procedures.
The candidate must:
- demonstrate extensive knowledge of learning to swim programmes and be a fully qualified Level 2 Swimming Teacher.
- demonstrate the ability to collaborate, develop partnership and work effectively as a member of a fast-paced, results-oriented team
- evidence success managing, supervising and mentoring employees or other relevant supervisory experience
- demonstrate knowledge of lifeguard safety skills, aquatic event management and water safety (a valid National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is desirable)
What can Parkwood Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Parkwood Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Applications by: 23/01/2022