South Holland, Lincolnshire
Circa £40k per annum
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
The contract consists of 3 sites and includes a range of indoor provision including sports halls, fitness suites and swimming pool.
- Reporting to the Area Manager, the successful candidate will be required to take full responsibility for the effective management of this contract ensuring the highest service standards possible.
- The post holder will ensure that the service provided meets the requirements of the client as defined within the service specification as well as consistently driving the commercial performance for the centre.
- This position will allow you to develop your skills and reputation whilst enhancing safe and enjoyable usage of the facilities. Leading business recovery post national enforced lockdowns with the aim to increase usage and profitability.
- You will manage and develop your staff to meet customer and operational requirements creating a dynamic, responsive and customer focused team through your communication and management styles.
- To ensure the highest possible standards of health & safety and customer care are delivered consistently across the contact
- Will be able to demonstrate a proven record of managing teams of staff, be commercially focused and have an understanding of budget management, whilst consistently developing and improving operational procedures.
- It is essential that you possess excellent communication, customer and client liaison skills.
- Flexibility and commitment to customer service are essential.
- Ideally have a track record of managing both wet and dry leisure facilities.
- Experience or awareness of Local Authority contract management is preferred.
- Ideally you will have a recognised qualification in leisure management, Sports Development or a related subject preferably to degree level or NVQ 3. An additional business qualification would be advantageous.
- Whilst preferable that the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the leisure industry it is recognised that key attributes aligned to managing teams, performance, financial and Health and Safety alongside client relationship management are transferable skills and as a result applications from outside of the sector will be considered
To provide reassurance for applicants whilst Lex Leisure fully adheres to Government enforced lockdowns it recognised that this can result in new starters not being eligible for the current furlough arrangements. The Contract Manager role is designated by the business as a key worker and would not normally be furloughed.
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to email@example.com
About Lex Leisure
Lex Leisure seeks to operate leisure venues on a commercial basis with a view to generating a surplus that can be used for our principal objective of supporting those who are disabled, physically or mentally or who require support or bespoke care plans to stay physically active. Lex Leisure, working with key partners, wants to empower disabled people to take a more active role in all aspects of sport and physical activity and for our facilities to be more inclusive and to provide a greater range of sporting opportunities for disabled people.
For more information visit www.lexleisure.org.uk
Applications by: 12/03/2021