Accessible and Specialist Exercise
At Hutton Moor Leisure Centre we pride ourselves on offering accessible facilities for disabled customers with a commitment to continuously improving the accessibility in our centre to ensure we meet the needs of our customers.
- Disabled parking
- Step free access into the building
- Wheelchair friendly low level main reception desk and area
- Wheelchair friendly low level gym reception desk and area
- Lift from reception area to cafe and fitness studios
- Lift from gym to first floor fitness studios
- Hand rails throughout the building
- Automatic doors
- Accessible toilets, showers and changing facilities
- Non slip floors
- Main pool hoist
- Accessible cardio and weights machines to include the following:
- SciFit Arm/Leg Bikes - Enabling use of upper or lower body or both simultaneously with wheelchair access if needed.
- Concept 2 Rowing Machines - Offer inclusive exercise and enable wheelchair access.
- Vario Pully Resistance Machine - Offering multiple planes of movement for inclusive exercise.
- Free weights - a range of functional training equipment including weighted wrist and ankle straps and kettle bells.
- Stability balls - offering multiple choices of resistance exercise whilst improving core muscles.
Inclusive Activities and Information
Dedicated Specialist Health and Fitness Instructor enabling the delivery of the following programmes.
Energise Cancer Exercise Rehabilitation Programme, for people who have had or are receiving treatment for cancer. Monday 1.00 - 2.00pm and Tuesday 2.00 - 3.00pm (Self Referral)
GP Referral Scheme run in conjunction with local GP Clinics, Physiotherapists and Nurses.
A gentle exercise programme to support people with long term health conditions such as Parkinson's, Arthritis, Diabetes, weight loss and more.
Monday and Friday 9.30am - 12.30pm Gym based session (GP Referral)
Wednesday 3.00 - 4.00pm Pool based session (GP Referral)
Healthy Hearts and Stroke Rehabilitation Programme, for people who have suffered a stroke or heart attack. Taken by a qualified BACR Rehabilitation Instructor these sessions gently encourage health and fitness to promote long term improvement.
Stroke Group Tuesday 12.00noon - 1.00pm Cardiac Group Wednesday 12.00noon - 2.00pm
Disabled Swimming Sessions
(Pool is open to public use, designated lane for disabled swimming)
Wednesday 3.00 - 4.00pm and Saturday 12.00noon - 2.00pm
- Directional signage is clear
- Centre information and timetables are available in a larger easy to read format.
- Staff are trained in disability awareness.