Velopark at Torbay Leisure Centre
The circuit is the only outdoor closed road circuit in Devon and Cornwall and can accommodate amateur and professional cycling and a range of other sporting activities.
There are two different distance options that the Velopark offers:
- Whole Track: 1.5km
Bike and helmet hire on site for just £4.80 a session, trikes, recumbents & baby trailers will also be available.
A lane system will be in place, similar to swimming, whereby people will have the chance to participate in the fast or slow lane.
The Park offers a dog-free activity area that includes bike and helmet hire, an office and a rest area.
Monday - 9:00 - 8:00 pm
Tuesday - 9:00 - 6:00 pm
Wednesday - 7:00 - 6:30 pm
Thursday - 9:00 - 6:00 pm
Friday - 9:00 - 5:00 pm
Saturday - 11:00 - 6:00 pm
Sunday - 10:00 - 6:00 pm
- All cyclist must wear helmets when on the circuit
- The whole circuit is only available for public use when there are no club or other booked sessions in progress.
- Only ride in the direction indicated on the “Ride this way” board.
- Respect any barriers that close off a part of the circuit. Even at times when the public are allowed access to the circuit, there may be a booking for one or two of the small loops.
- Warn other riders of your approach & allow plenty of room when overtaking – remember, not everyone is as confident riding a bike as you may be.
- Please give way to faster riders and especially fast moving training groups.
- Coaches working at the circuit must adhere to all Health & Safety Guidelines for the circuit and operate best practice for coaching at all times.
- Other sports uses cannot take place on the same circuit at the same time as cycling without permission of the site manager.
- Contact the site manager to report any incident.
- Please do not leave litter or debris on the circuit place in the litter bins provided at the main entrance.
- Well behaved dogs are allowed in the picnic area only.
- No smoking allowed within the Velopark area, including e-cigarettes.
Velopark park run
A 5km run is held every Saturday - please come along and join in whatever your pace. It's just you against the clock! The ParkRun is entirely organised by volunteers. See the ParkRun volunteer page to find out more: www.parkrun.org/torbayvelopark/
Time: 9 am every Saturday
Junior park run
A 2km run around the Velopark every Sunday for children and young people between ages 4 and 14. See the ParkRun volunteer page to find out more: www.parkrun.org/torbayvelopark-juniors/