Tennis Coaching Apprenticeship
Tennis coaching is a rewarding career as you inspire people to start playing the game and empower them to fulfil their potential. Every day is a new challenge, from young children picking up a racket for the first time through to players chasing grand slam success.
Develop your career as a Tennis Coach through a twelve month programme delivered through a government accredited apprentice scheme which is supported by the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) – the National Governing Body for British Tennis.
Starting in October 2013 Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre is offering you the opportunity to be a part of this scheme. This is an excellent role for the foundation of your career and to ‘earn while you learn’. On completion of the initial programme there may be the opportunity to progress to a Level 3 qualification.
You will gain the following qualifications during the 12 months:
• 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Tennis (Level 2 Coaching Assistant) UKCC
• 1st4sport Level 2 Diploma in Coaching Tennis
• 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness
• Level 1 Functional Skills in communication and maths
To be eligible for this apprenticeship you must:
• Hold a 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Tennis/ Level 1 Coaching Assistant Qualification OR a 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Tennis/ Level 2 Coaching Assistant Qualification.
• Be aged between 16 and 24.
• Not be undertaking any other qualification during this course.
Pay rate: £95 per week
As an apprentice you will be employed for 30 hours per week with designated time to be spent on your studies. Working hours will include evening and weekend work.
How to apply:
Send your CV and Cover Letter at the Centre addressed to:
Southend on Sea,
Applications by: 29/11/2013